Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tam has a piece on holsters,

basically 'They get floppy, get rid of them.'   I do, however, disagree with her on hybrids, convinced of that by son wearing a Crossbreed and loving it.  I wound up with one, and I like it too.  Did have a Kydex that just wasn't as comfortable as the day wore on.  And one that's not comfortable, you don't want to wear.

Mind you, if the thing does start getting floppy, and I can't holster without holding part of it out of the way, I'll be finding a new one. 


San Francisco is having the same experience with their new minimum wage; businesses are firing people or closing.  I wonder if the idiots behind the $15/hour law care?


The EPA said that it doesn’t regulate people’s backyard barbecues and that the grant is part of the EPA's "National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet (2014)", which is a student-designed competition for sustainability.
Yeah, the bastards don't have the authority to do a lot of the shit they do; 'doesn't regulate' means 'We haven't gotten to it yet.'





3 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Holsters? Meh, get what suits you. I personally don't like IWB. If I'm going to strap, I carry OWB which is as easy to conceal as IWB in my experience. If deep concealment is necessary, the simple expedient of a J-frame or pocket auto in (dare I say it) a front pocket works just fine.

Anonymous said...

I got a box of holsters. When I was in Iraq I went through a few looking for one that worked. Finally settled on a soft cordura model I used in Bosnia.

--hale

Firehand said...

I think everyone winds up with a bag or box of holsters over time.

I've become rather fond of IWB; anchors it in place, nice & tight against you. But I do need to pick up a good OWB holster, times it'd be much nicer.
I like the pocket pistol, too; sometimes the best choice for the circumstances.