and griping about it in the "How dare you accuse me of having a hand in this? Stop looking at the blood under my nails" kind of way.
Much has been made in the past few days about my congressional testimony earlier this year regarding Fast and Furious. My testimony was truthful and accurate and I have been consistent on this point throughout. I have no recollection of knowing about Fast and Furious or of hearing its name prior to the public controversy about it.
Ok, think like a lawyer: how many ways can you spot, in that last sentence, that you can say "This is a way of getting around that lie, and this is..." ?(link to the full letter)
From the look of it he realizes they've got some kind of documentation- BESIDES what's already been revealed- showing he was informed about it, and he figures he has to lie even bigger to try and cover up as much as possible.
Also, like Ace, I consider this to be important for a couple of reasons:
As I have said, the fact that even a single gun was not interdicted in this operation and found a way to Mexico is unacceptable. Equally unacceptable however, is the fact that too many in Congress are opposed to any discussion of fixing loopholes in the laws that facilitate the staggering flow of guns each year across our border to the South.
The only 'loopholes' in this mess was A: the coverup and B: that it was the bloody DoJ and ATF that were helping these clowns evade the laws AND smuggle the things into Mexico. Yeah, he and his die-hard(or too tied to him to cut him adrift) defenders will try to claim something like "You in Congress wouldn't give use the laws we wanted so we HAD to do this!" or "Things are so bad we had to do SOMETHING, and it turned out to be a bit flawed, so it's not our fault! You forced us to do it!" when they simply cannot claim anymore- with any kind of straight face, anyway- "We didn't know".
Ok, speaking of 'more proof', looked around at Sipsey and found this:
Documents recently turned over by the Justice Department to Congressional investigators indicate that then-Deputy Attorney General Gary Grindler received a detailed briefing on Fast and Furious more than a year and a half ago.
"Deputy Attorney General" is the Justice Department's No. 2 figure, directly under Attorney General Eric Holder.
Grindler moved from Deputy Attorney General to a spot as Holder's chief of staff last January.(here's the link to CBS)
So, supposedly Holder's #2 knew all about this and never mentioned it to Holder? At all?
Sipsey also notes that Issa stated Holder is going to get another subpoena.
And, to close, something guaranteed to offend and piss off a LOT of the left:
Mr. Vanderbough suggests passing this around as much as possible; not a bad idea.
And, stolen from Towhhall.com, Top Ten Signs Holder is Lying:
10. His greyhound dog is named “Fast” and his Chihuahua is named “Furious.”
9. His voice cracks like Justin Bieber’s whenever he discusses the topic.
8. When he’s constipated, Fast & Furious is his go-to laxative.
7. Every Halloween he dresses like Paul Walker.
6. His right eye violently twitches every time Darrell Issa walks into the room or his name gets mentioned.
5. Roger Clemens tweeted, “Holder’s good. Real good …”
4. His nose grew 19 inches when he claimed no prior knowledge.
3. When he said he didn’t know about F&F his pants burst into flames. It’s true.
2. He keeps trying to change the subject to Solyndra.
1. King Samir Shabazz just stated on his blog, “Of course he knew, you stupid white cracker b*tches!”