Thursday, August 28, 2008

I would much rather talk about guns and knives and

pretty women, but with this crap going on, it just has to be mentioned:
A more personal view on the activities of Barack I Was Only Eight Obama's friend and terrorist Bill Ayers:
Obama’s answer: “The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was eight years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn’t make much sense, George.” Obama was indeed only eight in early 1970. I was only nine then, the year Ayers’s Weathermen tried to murder me.

Hmmm, news people try to take pictures of people leaving a Democrat fat-cat meeting, and get arrested. Fits in very well with the Obama campaign trying to have people arrested by the feds for daring to speak uncomfortable truths, doesn't it? And trying to punish a radio station for talking about the same uncomfortable facts:
Christenson also stressed that the Obama campaign was invited to send a representative to appear on the show to balance the discussion of the newly-opened documents. But the campaign headquarters just down Michigan Avenue from the station refused the request. This is not the first time Obama's organization has sought to steer supporters to influence a broadcast outlet airing criticism.
Real friend of the 1st Amendment is The Obama. God help us all if he does get into the White House and has an Attorney General who'll carry his water.

On the non-political criminal side, we have this case of the immigration people doing their jobs:
Nearly 600 immigrants suspected of being in the country illegally were detained, creating panic among dozens of families in this small southern Mississippi town.

Alegria, 26, a Mexican immigrant, was working at the Howard Industries transformer plant Monday when U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents stormed in. When they found out she has two sons, ages 4 and 9, she was fitted with a bracelet and told to appear in federal court next month. But her husband, Andres, wasn't so lucky.

"I'm very traumatized because I don't know if they are going to let my husband go and when I will see him," Alegria said through a translator Tuesday as she returned to the Howard Industries parking lot to retrieve her sport utility vehicle
.
Two disconnects here about the 'poor people just looking for work': "Alegria said through a translator", so apparently she speaks no English. And she had to retrieve her SUV, so apparently being an illegal alien has paid pretty well. And we have the compulsory statment
"We have kids without dads and pregnant mothers who got their husbands taken away," said Velez's son, Robert, youth pastor at the church. "It was like a horror story. They got handled like they were criminals."
That's because, you moron, they ARE criminals. I realize that's apparently a difficult thing for you to understand, but there it is. Deal with it.
One other thing about this, as Kim notes:
One worker caught in Monday's sweep at the plant said fellow workers applauded as immigrants were taken into custody. Federal officials said a tip from a union member prompted them to start investigating several years ago.
Things do come around, don't they?

And some thoughts at Volokh on The Obama's mandatory volunteerism, including this:
Speaking to an alternative weekly on the eve of his 1995 run for state senate, Obama said . . . that “these are mean, cruel times . . . .” He derided the “old individualistic bootstrap myth” of American achievement that conservatives were touting. Self-help strategies “have become thinly veiled excuses for cutting back on social programs, which are anathema to a conservative agenda,” he wrote in a chapter that he contributed to a 1990 book, After Alinsky: Community Organizing in Illinois. (He also depicted leftist community organizing as a harder task than similar efforts by the Christian Right, telling a reporter in 1995 that “it’s always easier to organize around intolerance, narrow-mindedness and false nostalgia.”)
Awww, isn't he such a cute little bigot?

You know why I keep posting on things like this? Blame it on Rush. Back when I first started listening to him, in my pre-internet days, he was something of a breath of fresh air; there were so many bits and pieces in the news that were incomplete or horribly slanted that I'd not known of that he talked about, and filled in holes. Hell, sometimes filled in the actual facts. And it annoyed the hell out of the usual suspects.

This is my contribution to that. If I can have a small part in letting someone know about some of this crap they may not hear about on the 'official' news, I consider that a Good Thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for filling the holes.
You know, I was only 13 when Manson sent his "Family" out to butcher those people, but if I were to have befriended Manson back in 1995, I think it would only appropriate to question my judgment about the friends I keep.