Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Still alive, and still cold

Just to add to the joy, the weather weenies are now predicting snow Friday, and lows in the low 20's Friday & Saturday nights.

Just to check I called OG&E to ask. Please note I did NOT say "When will my power be on?"; I told them my neighborhood and asked if they had any estimate when they might be getting there? Only reply: "The only estimate we can give you is that all power will be restored in seven to ten working days." Two things bother me about this: first, on Monday they were saying 'seven to ten days', and while speaking of all the extra line crews pulled in they're still saying that; second, take note of that 'seven to ten working days'. Which kind of pisses me off, because that would seem a way to add days to their count while not actually saying it.

The joys of things this time of year...

No comments: