Thursday, October 05, 2006

Well doggies!

The boy done good

No, I haven't posted anything the last couple of days; been a bit busy.

I present to you one of the newest members of the U.S. Army



















having graduated from Basic Combat Training today as Private 2nd Class.

It's been an interesting couple of days. Looking at the roster for his battalion, you find names from people with all kinds of skin colors and backgrounds; people from many states and from four other nations(as someone put it, Americans who weren't born here), all having sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. All looking a bit hollow-eyed from heavy work and never quite enough sleep, having spent the last eight weeks learning what for many were completely new skills. And all having made it.

I'll post some more about this later, some stuff he told me. For now I'll just leave it with- in case I didn't say it before- I'm proud of the boy.

No comments: