Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Need something to piss you off?

I mean really, really piss you off? Read Fidel: Hollywood's Favorite Tyrant, by Humberto Fontova.

I already disliked fidel; as I told my kids, he took an island with some of the richest soil in the world, year-round growing seasons, filled with people not afraid of work and surrounded by an ocean full of fish- and made everyone except his power structure hungry. That doesn't just happen, you have to work at it.

It's the accounts of idiocy, blindness and in some cases flat-out treason by both celebrities and people in our government that really makes me want to find a rope and a lamppost.

Warning: if you have any lingering notions about the Camelot of John F. Kennedy, this'll probably kill them. The accounts of dumbness and flat cowardice of JFK and his cabinet during the Cuban Missile Crisis are enraging.

If you can't buy it right now, hit the library. Read it, dammit.

No comments: