Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Once upon a time I was informed, in a group I hung around with,

that one lady hadn't been showing up because(probably) me or another guy had insulted her.  Somehow.

I asked what she felt insulted about and was told "It doesn't matter, she was offended!"

Can't remember what the other guy said, my response was "If I unintentionally insulted someone, I'll apologize for it.  But I do want to know just what I'm apologizing for."

Never got an answer for that, and never apologized.  This "It doesn't matter, just apologize" crap just does not work.

5 comments:

Barney, The Old Fat Man said...

I am on your side about that issue.

rickn8or said...

Yeah, I've got an ex like that; perpetually spring-loaded to the "offended" position.

tkdkerry said...

Yep, I'll happily ( or grumpily ) apologize when the reason for it is defined and appropriate. But for an unknown transgression? Might as well expect me to apologize for breathing. Won't happen.

As I typed this it occurred to me that the sort of person who demands this blind apology is also the sort who would be perfectly happy to put you through a struggle session for your undefined "crimes".

Steve said...

Heh, like that phrase "spring-loaded...."
Anyone that goes around life in that status is looking for a chance to "un-load". Wonder what happened in their early life that caused them to be so "trippy"?

rickn8or said...

Steve, in Her Ex-ness' case, I suspect it was while she was away from home with me playing Navy Wife, her dad got rich and spent shit-tons of money on her sisters and their kids.