Monday, October 04, 2021

Well, I was right

When the word about Goex shutting down, at least temporarily, came out, I figured this would happen.

There are at least four brands of black powder being imported(Swiss, Schutzen, Wano, and Elephant) being imported, and they're not affected by this.  But with the screams of "NO MORE BLACK POWDER!!" going 'round, the panic buying began.  Spent a while yesterday searching around, and the only black in stock anywhere, that I could find, was the 'reenactor' grade(not meant for actual shooting), EVERYTHING else of EVERY brand, sold out.

I fully understand being worried about things with the current clown show in charge in DC, but damn.

2 comments:

Dan said...

At least it's possible for a dedicated shooter to make their own black powder. Without some special equipment and stringent safety processes smokeless powder is beyond the home handyman.

Firehand said...

Black powder is on my list of 'make some and try it out someday'. The process if fairly straightforward, it's the incorporation and corning that's touchy, from what I've read.