Saturday, October 09, 2021

The PITA of the while after surgery

The new lens is great; from about three feet out I can see better than I have in- well, most of my life.

Yes, there's a but.

My left eye has a problem(not fixable, probably in my lifetime) that makes it unable to focus sharply on small things up close.  Not that much of a problem, except with the right unable to sharply focus up close...  That will be fixable with a new prescription on lens to take care of the close-up stuff by the right, but you can't get that until a month after the surgery, to give everything time to settle in and find any problem/possible problem.  So next week can get that, then the wait for the new lens.  In the meantime, the doc suggested a set of cheap reading glasses to carry me through.  They work for reading and other up-close stuff, but are useless beyond about 18", which means I either fumble my way through when away from home, or carry those along.

Beats hell out of the alternative that used to be the standard, but still a pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It gets better.
Just had mine done 3 weeks aaprt last month; right now I'm seeing better than I have in my entire life.