Friday, August 16, 2019

We would have a LOT more of this to look foward to

with 'red flag' laws.
Then, the officer’s gun discharged, with a bullet shattering the boy’s kneecap as he sat on the edge of the bed, the family said.
Note the language: 'the officer's gun discharged' instead of 'the officer pulled the trigger when he shouldn't have'.  Or, better, "the officer's gun fired because he was pointing it with the safety off and the idiot had his finger on the trigger and pulled it."

The article does note 'and a possible drug possession'.  Considering Illinois, I have to wonder if that was tacked on because someone realized that a ninja-suited SWAT raid for an EXPIRED card might be seen as just a bit heavy-handed...

Why yes, I have become fairly cynical about this kind of crap.

2 comments:

thomastheglassexpert said...

I have been carrying an HK .40 for about 19 years now. 10 rounds loaded + 1 in the barrel. 2 mags 10 rounds each on my left. That's 31 bullets total. In 19 years my gun has never one time leaped out of its holster to shoot anyone including me, I have never "forgotten it" and left it bathroom or floor of a movie theater, it has never jumped out on its own and randomly shot anyone. And yet I hear quite often of the damage done by guns and yet wonder that compared to very violent action of a hammer and a club since those 2 are listed by the FBI as the most lethal weapons used to kill people today. My gun though? Sitting calmly in a holster 5' away from me waiting for me to put it on. Doing nothing but sitting there. My gun does not shoot anyone. I do and use the gun to do it.

markm said...

For an expired FOID card - which is unconstitutional in the first place.

And I recall when a Chicago Alderman let his FOID expire, but they merely reminded him to renew it.