Thursday, December 20, 2018

I swear, reading comprehension is becoming a lost skill

What brought this up was a thread on Bookface, in which someone stated that organic lubes aren't an optimal choice for firearms.  Generally, I agree.  And I linked to a piece Grant Cunningham wrote on lubrication.  If you've never read it, he states that some food-grade lubes(NOT food additives or such, but stuff rated safe to use on food-handling equipment) work very well and lays out why he likes them.

Which led to being told "I work at a food plant, those lubes suck, they don't work, they're too expensive," etc., which would be fine for arguing except for the add-on: "If it's so great, why aren't you running it in your car?"

Pointed out that
It's not organic,
It's not real expensive(referring to the Lubriplate SFL-0),
And maybe I'm not running it in the car because it's not motor oil?

Response was a picture of someone staring like "Look at how stupid you are!"
I mean really, how can you argue with logic like that?

No comments: