Wednesday, July 11, 2018

"Of course I want to take their guns, I just don't have

the balls or integrity to say it outright."
"And I said, you know, people were getting up to go, to go get their lunch because it was a buffet, and I just said to her, I want you to know Cindy, I cannot say that."

When the woman pushed back on Cobb keeping quiet on how she feels about banning certain firearms, Cobb said coming out in favor of a gun ban would lead to her losing her bid against Republican incumbent Elise Stefanik.

"And she said, ‘Well, I want you to' and I said, ‘I won't win,'" Cobb said. "I said Moms Demand [Action] says, and Tricia Pleau said, ‘Do not say that you want an assault rifle ban because you will not win.'"
Which tells us that Mommies Want and some other groups know that "I want to ban the things!" is not a winning strategy in lots and lots of places.  But they're quite willing to tell their politicians to lie about it to get into office.

No comments: