Friday, December 08, 2006

The newest mall bomber fits right in

with some stuff I heard a couple of years ago.

Back then, one day we got in a Homeland Security information summary/warning, which was released to the public a month or so later as I recall(why not right away? Beats hell out of me). Among other things found in Afghanistan were al Queda training manuals and video tapes on taking over a store, office, restaurant or school. The idea was fairly simple:
When you reveal yourself kill anyone who resists.
Separate all the hostages and kill anyone who might be a problem later.
Drag the situation out as long and loud as possible(all possible publicity, etc.)
And in the end, kill everyone.
There was no intention to actually get any payment, reform or whatever: the whole idea was as many dead infidels as possible with the most possible disruption.

After I read that, I made damn sure that I was carrying every time and place I legally could, as this- if it happened- was a far greater threat than the usual mugger types. And had a long talk with the kids about watching what's going on around them.

Well, for the second time we have some little BPM* planning an attack on a mall, to cause as much death and injury and disruption as possible. But he supposedly was just a 'lone wolf' jihadi, so we're not supposed to worry too much.

By the way, 'wolf' is far too dignified an appellation for a scumbag like this. How about 'lone jerkoff islamist buttmonkey'? It's a bit long, but I think it fits.

*Beturbanned Prophet Monkey

No comments: