Friday, December 18, 2009

To borrow from Uncle, He was probably compensating for the size of his wheelchair

A man in a wheelchair shot and killed an intruder Monday night inside his home, according to Marion County deputies.

Two things I'll note. First,
"Several people have called and told me I'm a hero, but I don't feel like a hero. A hero usually helps people, not shoots them," Wroblewski said.
Mr. Wroblewski, you may not consider yourself a hero, but you did something that far too few can or will do: you fought to protect yourself, and that's nothing to belittle. If nothing else, consider that if you hadn't stopped this guy, A: you may not have lived through it and B: who would he have gone after next?

Second,
Wroblewski said he had an uneasy feeling just before he grabbed his handgun and opened the door.

"I was suspicious. I didn't really want to open it, but I did," Wroblewski said
.
A lot of people have pointed out over time, When you have a bad feeling about something, pay attention to it. One more case in point.

2 comments:

BobG said...

"A hero usually helps people, not shoots them," Wroblewski said."

I think he did help people; by shooting that goblin he may have saved the lives of future victims.

Windy Wilson said...

I'm with BobG. removal of vermin infestation is always a good thing, and to do a good thing in spite of personal risk is heroic.

I'm not sure what to do about that "bad feeling" people get. I mean, couldn't some anti-gun DA take it and morph it into premeditation? He had a bad feeling so he took his gun with him to open the door and wound up shooting someone. . . .

That's a terrible thought!