Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Frustration

is part of the problem.  Part of that is things like this: there's not a comfortable way to sit either for browsing or blogging(though it is improving), which makes it harder both to dig things up and to write about them.  Same for loading: have to be able to sit comfortably in front of the press and all; on top of that I've got a bunch of loads to test that, between weather and health crap, I haven't been able to for months.

Normally I'd be outside part of the day tilling the garden, or mowing, and weedeating(when I can get the bastard to run), and right now those are specifically on the 'Do Not Do list'.  Throw in some small stuff, painting and such, that, due to location, I don't trust myself on yet, would be too easy to trip or lose balance and fall.  At least the staples are all out.

Except for the knee stuff, most workout stuff is still off the list, so can't burn some of it off that way.

Told someone a few months ago that 'getting old is easy, BEING old sucks'.  Boy, was I right.

3 comments:

Mind your own business said...

When I had ACL-related knee surgery, to repair torn cartilage, the one activity that was encouraged was bicycle riding. Stationary or real. The range of motion was limited, but it allowed the joint to be used without weight being put on it. Sort of a non-load bearing polishing of the recently operated on cartilage surfaces.

Firehand said...

As yet I don't have quite enough motion for that; hopefully soon. It would be nice.

1chota said...

This may be small consolation, but you are not alone.