Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Another fine demonstration of why I don't want more lists of people, and why I don't want cops

having access to medical histories without a warrant.

I used to work around law enforcement telecomm, and abuse of the networks was a constant problem. Sometimes because "I want to find out who that was, and I can", sometimes because "I don't care what the law says, I have the badge and if I say I need this, there's not problem", and sometimes because someone says "Do me a favor/I'll pay you $50 to find this out for me". You give cops access to medical histories, it WILL be abused by some. You really want that?

"It's a violation of privacy. It's a violation of professional ethics. It's a violation of the codes of conduct of every police department I can think of," said Adam Levin, founder of CyberScout, a cybersecurity provider.
It's also a bloody CRIME, on both federal and state levels. As in 'Big fine and time in prison' crime.

He could face criminal charges.
He damn well BETTER face charges, considering the number of laws he broke.  But I'd say chances are against it; they'd much rather either fire him or let him resign and make the noise go away.

Who knows, maybe this will be a department that actually gives a damn about officers breaking laws and prosecutes. 







3 comments:

Phelps said...

Who knows, maybe this will be a department that actually gives a damn about officers breaking laws and prosecutes.


https://media.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy.gif

markm said...

What is the bigger problem: Cop misuses database, or cop seeks relationship with female criminals?

Firehand said...

Yes