Sunday, April 17, 2011

I have no memory of how I discovered the stories,

but one of my favorite series was written by Leslie Charteris about a man named Simon Templar, known in the trade(his at least) as the Saint. Short stories and novels, I loved every one I read. Occasionally still pull out one of the books I have and read a story or two.

Daughter has a Kindle and says she gets more reading done with it as it's easier to haul around; I wish these books were available for Kindle, as she'd love them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The TV series was campy but pretty good too.

Terrapod said...

My dad was a field engineer from about 1946 to 1980 and flew the world doing sales and installs of very high end airline equipment. Each trip he came back after 1 or 2 months gone with half a dozen Rex Stout or Leslie Charteris paperbacks (and others), as a kid I read every one and some twice. Have a few left but they are yellowed and brittle with age. That was a gentler time, no one hounded you with instant communications... I miss that too.

Ian Dickerson said...

The Saint books will be available in various ebook formats later this year

Gerry N. said...

I learned about "The Saint" from the teevee series starring,as I remember, Roger Moore. From the credits, I learned of Leslie Charteris. I went to my local branch library where I found the books, checked 'em out, read 'em and loved 'em. Dunno if that system would still work.