Because he makes speeches like this about why the death tax should be as high as possible, while
From all published accounts, Gates Sr. has it set up to give 90% of his wealth to a few pre-selected charities upon his death. The other 10% would go to individuals.
Now whether that remaining 10% would put any of those individuals over the $7M mark is unknown to me, but if he truly thought that giving the government 45% of the wealth you acquired throughout your life via the Death Tax, why would he have would he have his fortune split up like that?
Because he's one more fucking hypocrite like the late Swimmer Kennedy who thinks YOU should have to pay the death tax while HE'S busy hiding the money away in ways and places to keep it from being so taxed.