Monday, December 12, 2022

About that subsonic load Updated

in .300 Blackout, a little more work was done.  The original was five Federal and five Sig nickel brass.  Loaded ten more Federal, and five Sig nickel and five brass, same load.

I have no pictures due to an error on my part, I'll try to recover them.  I can say that at 30 yards, I did my part, we're talking one little-bit ragged hole territory.  Very promising.  At some point I'll be able to get to a longer range to try them.

It's nice, I got these bullets just as inexpensive practice stuff, if it stays this tight at longer distances I'll be wishing for a lot more of them.

Update:
I was able to get the pictures.
This is five rounds using Sig cases, 10.5 grains H4198, and the factory second 190-grain bullets:
Oh, baby.

This is five using the same load in Federal cases
Four in one hole, and #3 was a called flyer.  At least at 30 yards identical performance.  I really want to put these over a chronograph as well as try them at longer range.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The subsonics have a rainbow trajectory at farther ranges but are bunny fart quiet.
Lots O’ fun!