Monday, September 07, 2020

Once upon a time,

Daughter is always researching stuff for stories. I came across a book that had the old British hangmans tables in it(subject of 'X' weight should have a drop of at least 'Y' distance but no more than 'Z', to the inch yet), and sent a copy of it to her.

While after that I mentioned it to a lady I was going out with. Response:
"You people are WEIRD! If someone sent something like that to me I'd call the police!"
 

"It was for her research."
 

"You people are WEIRD!"
 

Ah well. Good while it lasted

5 comments:

Retired cop said...

So? No link to the reference book?

Don Oso said...

Bear in mind, those figures will be for a british noose. With an american noose, you'll need a longer drop for the same weight subject. Just sayin'
Also, we may actually be weird

Firehand said...

No, that was something lost when my old pc crashed. Dammit.

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops

SSG Mac said...

Be thankful you learned about her before she grew attached.....