Monday, July 29, 2013

Let me tell you all a story

Well, that worked well.

Getting away from the news tonight involved taking the dogs to the lake, a trip they hadn't had in a while.

To give you an idea how much rain we've had, several months ago these trees
were a good 100 yards from the water; Lake Hefner is full.

Here is the Security Staff checking things out
Here is SecStaf(Sr.) deciding she wants to ride home in the back of the truck.
She got in to her belly twice, and enjoyed it mightily.  So far, so good.

Then, about twenty minutes later, she found something terribly interesting in some tall grass.  Which turned out to be the remains of a gutted/filleted catfish.  Oh yeah, she made that scent her own.

Guess who got that "OHGODNODON'TDOIT!" bath when we got home?  Especially since she brought tactile as well as olfactory memories back with her.

Which was followed by washingscrubbing my hands, and then using a bleach solution on them, especially around the nails of the right.

I'm wondering if I should've just given them a munchie and stayed home...


3 comments:

Irish said...

Sounds like you had fun :) Try and stay away from the BS once in awhile, you will feel better!

Anonymous said...

I was Stationed at Tinker with AWACS for 8 years. I have many fond memories of OKC. I had some good times Sand Bass fishing on Lake Hefner.
Nice people live in OK.

Jennifer said...

Awe! Looks like they had a great time. I've got pics of an over-full Arcadia as well.