Monday, June 03, 2013

Mr. Huffman, I think the answer is 'Yes'

Due to circumstances, I saw parts of two Made For SYFY Movies!! (Mega-Something vs. -oid I think)the other night.

‘Parts’ because I was unable to watch the whole. I do mean unable; I like good monster movies, but these didn't qualify, and I think I’d have had a stroke if I’d tried to force myself to watch the whole of either.

Bad? BAD was not even on the rating curve. ‘Execrable’ would be a level of excellence to which these movies would aspire. And fail. I would like to try to describe the parts I saw just for illustration, but I think I can hear brain cells crying for mercy just because I thought about doing so.

Joe Huffman once asked if there’s a rule that these things HAVE to be bad; if there’s not a rule, then some sadist really likes to inflict torment upon those fool enough to turn on the channel, and someone gave him free rein at the SYFY network.

3 comments:

tkdkerry said...

Aw, we knew the shark had been jumped when the logo changed to "SyFy". It's been crap ever since.

Gerry N. said...

I knew the siffy channel was gonna be rotten when I saw 'em mocking it on "The Big Bang Theory."

I'm about ready to shoot my teewee anyway.

Anonymous said...

As a SF fan, I know to avoid that channel with extreme prejudice.
I really liked the movie 'Battle: Los Angeles' (although I think it's more a 'war' movie than SF), so I thought I'd try the similarly-named offering on SyFy. I think I lasted about five minutes before my brain threatened to leave.
-bravokilo