Monday, April 14, 2008

If I hadn't thought MADD had already fallen over the edge,

Rustmeister brings us this:
But Lightner was disgusted that our fighting men and women would have the audacity to imbibe. She ranted that 18-year-olds haven't "developed, and that's exactly why the draft age is 18, because these kids are malleable." She added: "They will follow the leader, they don't think for themselves, and they are the last ones I want to say, 'Here's a gun, and here's a beer.' They are not adult—that's why they're in the military. They are not adults."
***?
What the hell is wrong with this woman? "They are not adult- that's why they're in the military."??? This woman is out of her frakkin' mind! Rusty's wish* may seem a touch over the top, but... nah, it's not.


*I wish she'd go get a sex change, so I could kick her in the nuts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, there's a lot of immaturity in the military, and a lot of soldiers ARE little more than big kids.

At the same time, in my 3 years in the Infantry, I've served with the best men I've ever known. I'd take them every day of the week over a group of college kids.

Then, of course, that little war we have going on has a way of making you grow up really fast. I sure feel older than 22.

I'm sure she'd just love the fact that my post (Fort Bliss in El Paso, TX) has a legal drinking age of 18 for soldiers. Ha!

Rustmeister said...

Dave, thanks for your service.

I spent most of my stateside duty at Bliss. Retired in 2000 and moved back to the land of grass and trees. =)

Anonymous said...

Send the idiot chick my way, I'm sure I could knock some sense into her.