Saturday, October 15, 2005

It brought tears to my eyes

And I mean that literally. Reading about the election in Iraq. In a place where people literally have to worry about being killed for trying to vote, they had a 70% turnout. The primary security came from the Iraqi forces, with our guys as backup/reaction force if needed. And this number: "During the Iraq elections last January there were 347 terrorist attacks on voters and polling places. Today there were 13."

Think about that. People giving al Qaeda the finger again. Iraqi military and police doing the job, despite past attacks, despite threats, despite losses.

Fine, I'm sappy. I did have tears in my eyes while I read about this. It's a wonderful thing, one of many advances in that country. Hell, in that region. And yet the major media can still find almost nothing good to say about it. Still slants everything to make it look bad. I am so damn tired of these clowns, tired of their bigotry and their almost ceaseless attempts to shape the news to what they want it to be, instead of what it is.

And when I read of some Iraqi officer saying they want to take over the work and the Americans go home, I'm thrilled. That's how it's supposed to be, dammit!

I repeat, this was a wonderful thing that happened today.

Links: Michelle Malkin
Instapundit
both with lots of links to more info.

No comments: