Tuesday, May 31, 2022

I just love dings,

especially at bad times.  Other day was getting some mowing done before it rains again, and ran into a mine.  Security Staff like to steal pieces of pecan(saved for smoking) and other sticks to chew on, then leaves them all over.  Where you can't see them when the grass is tall.

So this chunk comes out from under the mower and bounces off my shin(the other one, thankfully), with only a small puncture, but it bled enough to be a problem.  And hurt like a sunuvabitch.

It's a lot less painful now, but making my ankle ache.  And yes, I'm watching it carefully, I do not need an infection and another ambulance ride right now.

2 comments:

Sarthurk said...

The golfball story.
While mowing my lawn one day many years ago, I noticed a golf ball in the lawn. So, I tossed it to the part I'd already mowed. Unbeknownst to me My security personnel picked it up and dropped it in the part I hadn't yet mowed.
Lo and behold, I ran over it, sending it at many hundreds of feet per second out the left side of the mower, and towards the house. About 20 seconds later, the yard work supervisor came running out of the house screaming at me. I shut off the mower and said, What? Apparently the golf ball skimmed across the lawn,deflected off the edge of the driveway, blasted through the lattice work on the front porch, went right through a lower glass pane in one the french doors to the living room, bounced off the tightly stretched curtain on the inside of the door, blasted out through an upper glass pane, and rolled to rest back on the lawn. The boss apparently had just walked in that door. That could have been disastrous. I made closer inspection of the lawn after that, and removed anything the dog could inadvertently use as a dangerous weapon.

Firehand said...

Oh, that's on the list. Soon as it's dry and I can get out there again.