Thursday, January 13, 2005

Here's one big reason why a lot of people fear the government

The courts in particular in this case.

I'll put this bluntly; I do not give a rat's ass what the law is in other countries. I am scared to death when a justice of the U.S. Supreme Court says
"U.S. law is not handed down from on high even at the U.S. Supreme Court," he said. "The law emerges from a conversation with judges, lawyers, professors and law students. ... It's what I call opening your eyes as to what's going on elsewhere."

God damn it, no it does not! The law is made by the legislative branch of government, and it its the job of judges to interpret the law in the case before them. That's 'interpret' as in does it apply? or is it constitutional and such. It is NOT their damn job to MAKE law, or to CHANGE law as it suits them. The law DOES NOT emerge from 'conversation'.

You want to know why so many people are so damn worried about this country? Why you hear the comment 'I love my country but fear my government'? Crap like this is why.

I think I need to write to my congressman and senator about this crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Congressmen are: Jim Imhofe (453 Russell Senate Office Bldg. Wash DC 20510), Ernest Istook (2404 Rayburn House Office, Wash DC 20515). On a local level: Bernest Cain (2300 N Lincoln Blvd Room 413A, OKC, OK 73015) is your state senator and Odilla Dank ( 2300 N Lincoln Blvd, Room 408, OKC, OK 73105) is your state representative.

Don't forget to nag Brad Henry (2300 N Lincoln Blvd, Room 212, OKC, OK 73105).

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I've got their addresses. Makes it handy when something comes up.