Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I can't find the story, but KTOK just reported on a Only Ones Updated and corrected

story; some legislator tried to stick a rider on a bill that would allow legislators to carry in the Capital; not the peasants, of course, they can't be trusted.

If I can find the actual article, I'll add it to this
Update: I misheard the broadcast earlier, just found this:
Oklahoma's attorney general and assistant attorneys general would be able to carry firearms virtually anywhere in the state under a bill approved in the House.

The House voted 82-11 on Tuesday for the bill that authorizes those state officers to carry anywhere in the state, except while off-duty on private property where the owner prohibits it.
I have a couple of 'Bullcrap!' thoughts, but the basic is covered here:
Rep. John Bennett of Sallisaw says he believes lawmakers should also be allowed to carry firearms anywhere in the state. But Martin opposed that suggestion of giving legislators "unjustified privileges" that average citizens don't enjoy.
Damn straight.



Other stuff I missed a few days back:
OKLAHOMA CITY -

The governor and other state officials would be prohibited from banning or confiscating firearms during a state of emergency under a bill signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin.

2 comments:

Titan Mk6B said...

I met Fallin once and was mightily impressed. Her actions as Governor have impressed me even more.

Watch Romney snipe for for VP.

Firehand said...

Annoyed hell out of me that in the previous Gov election the Stupid Party pushed her out of the way basically because "It's this guys' turn"; she's struck me as competent and intelligent, and- especially for a politician- seems to be pretty honest.