Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I don't think I'll be buying anything from Taurus

I'd heard of QC problems, but it seems they've also got very bad customer service problems.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
From the last, on a .40-caliber pistol:
So, I finally sent it in and waited well over a month for its
return.

Upon receipt, I returned to the range and found little, if any
change. They also thoughtfully included a test target with my
returned PT109AF. The only problem was the holes were from a .22
caliber handgun, and the target was noted as such.

2 comments:

MauserMedic said...

I have a Taurus that was given to me as a gift, new in the box. Keyholing began after the first cylinder of rounds, and has never stopped. I'm thinking perhaps I could exchange it as a down payment on a used S&W .22.

Sigivald said...

I've never had a problem with one, but I also haven't had one made in the past 15 years or so...