1. On a bike, screw the speed limit and keep up with traffic.
On the highway in my truck I generally stay on the outside lane and at speed that gives the best mileage, which is a bit below the posted limit; try that on a bike and you may get run over. Including in town.
2. The kids may be grown, but you still tend to think of them as 'the kids'. Despite both being arguably smarter than I, and one getting to play with WAY cooler toys than I do.
3. "So THAT'S what this thing feels like when the front wheel leaves the pavement."
4. Being able to see the sights clearly is a very nice thing.
This brought on by having to go to bifocals last fall; to get pistol sights in sharp focus I have to tilt my head so far back I look like Obama standing in front of a marble column. So decided to get some reading glasses for close stuff(friend recommended this place) such as working on the table and some reading. Then, last week, I took them to the range with me and tried them with a pistol, and DAMN! I haven't seen the sights that sharp and clear in years. Target's fuzzy as hell, but with sharp sights could make nice tight groups.
5. Getting old sucks.
I've known for some time it takes longer to recover from physical stress than it used to. Now... I've been doing some part-time work at the old place of employment, which resulted in getting late calls to work hoot shift three times in five days. Yesterday I got a solid nights sleep, and that afternoon decided to get some exercise; it was pointed out to me by my 50+ year-old body that one nights sleep isn't enough to get over being VERY short over several days. Also, see #4.
6. More than before, there are times on the highway you really wish you could order "Get off the friggin' road and let me RIDE!"
7. I tolerate bullshit a lot less than I used to.
8. Cooler weather is great, but I hope it stays warm enough that women still wear summer stuff; Lord, I love pretty women in skirts. And shorts. And- well, you get the idea.
9. Dielectric grease has more uses than I thought.
My cruise control in the truck started acting up a while back; I mentioned it to the widely-knowledged Og and he- knowing where the connections are and having dealt with it himself- suggested getting said grease, cleaning the contacts and giving them a coat. It worked.
Then I started having trouble with a mp3 player I picked up a few months ago, sound either cutting out or only coming from one earbud. Had a bright idea: got the grease, put a film on the earbud plug, worked it in & out a few times, wiped off; it's worked perfectly since.