Friday, February 17, 2012

A civil rights victory in Canada

as Insty put it:
OTTAWA — The Harper government’s controversial bill to end the long-gun registry has passed the House of Commons, marking the end of a long political battle over one of the most controversial law enforcement measures in recent memory.

The bill passed easily, by a margin of 159 to 130, as the Conservatives used their majority in the House secure passage of the bill, which now goes to the Senate where the Conservatives also have a majority.
With the usual suspects whining and calling names, etc.


And here, the kind of fargin' idiot we have in Congress:
Birth control “is not a male issue, it’s a female issue. I’ve never met a man that had the need for birth control.”
I will leave the dissection of that flat stupid statement to you.


Obama likes high gas prices? What was your first clue?
And Chu should be in line for a special dose of tar and feathers.


Yes, I double-checked the calendar: this actually IS the 'another year' day



There are museums and such in NYEffingCity I'd love to see; but not while this kind of crap is still going on. A: you can't carry, B: I just don't want to put money in the pockets of that government.


Bigoted and cowardly fools running schools; they'd never have allowed some Christian song, if a Jewish cantor had wanted to sing I very much doubt they'd have allowed him; but a song praising Allah? No problem!


And now, I think I shall mark the day with a trip to the range.

No comments: