Friday, January 15, 2010

The other from the Geek: Why I Will Not Buy The Avatar DVD:

From the script:
INT. ARMOR BAY – DAY

TROOPERS issue automatic weapons and magazines to a long line of mine workers. The miners lock and load like the redblooded redneck NRA supporters they are.

BLASTING TECHS are setting radio-detonated primer charges into two-ton stacks of EXPLOSIVE COMPOUND. The stacks are band-strapped together on pallets.

TRACKING WITH SELFRIDGE, staring around him in growing dismay as he walks through the full-scale mobilization. He approaches Quaritch, who is barking orders amid a hive of activity around the ampsuits.

Well, gollee Mr. Cameron, since that's how you see us bastards who support ALL those Constitutional rights- not just the currently PC ones- fuck you. I'm not putting money in your pocket, and if I can help keep anyone else from doing so, I will. I'm also going to borrow the Geek's words:
Mr. Cameron, you ought to get down on your knees and thank whatever passes for your dear and fluffy blue $DEITY for the restraint that real flesh and blood redneck NRA supporters who don't inhabit your fantasy world have historically shown, and continue to show, in the face of attitudes like that.

We're not the Nazis, dipwad. We're the people hiding the Jews.


Who and what are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy the DVD hell, I ain't going to the theater to see it. That dipshit isn't getting my money. I'll somehow have to learn to live with my cultural ignorance from not seeing it.