Saturday, September 26, 2009

No news blogging for you tonight

I ache too much, due to becoming reacquainted with why Lazarus Long referred to a shovel as an idiot stick.

Friend needs to expand back porch. Area needed to be dug out shovel-blade deep, about nine feet wide and ten feet long. And it's done, with all the dirt hauled away to fill holes and low spots. AND the trailer tongue repaired so we could use it to haul away the dirt, thus sparing us doing it with a wheelbarrow.

Next time I have to do something like this, I'm buying shoes with a steel shank; my feet hurt, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it easier to buy a half case of beer and invite the neighbor's son (22) to dig the hole. Beer's cheap and the kid's good to have around. He's also big enough to drink a half rack and barely get a buzz.

Gerry N.

Firehand said...

Alas, no young'uns of appropriate age and thirst available.

And amazingly, I'm a lot better this morning than I'd thought I'd be.