Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two things to note`

First, Theo pointed to Afghanistan Shrugged:
Over time I’ve received emails and comments on this blog that I’m insensitive to your culture. Evidently, I should endeavor to be more tolerant and politically correct in my quest to kill you with every means at my disposal.

After much self reflection I’ve seen the error in my ways and thought I’d write you a brief note to apologize for my actions and those of my compatriots in Team Vampire. I now see how my attempts to incinerate, ventilate and generally cause mayhem could possible hurt your feelings and offend your sensibilities. For that I apologize.
...
I also, thought that your headquarters were nice. Blowing it up on Christmas Eve may have seemed arbitrary and unfair. I can see how you’d think that. Really, let’s try to be honest with each other. Is there really a good day to have your building blown up? I don’t think there is. I also now realize that you don’t celebrate Christmas so the holiday season had minimal impact on you.

It did for me as I have a family at home who I’d rather be with; instead hunting you through the mountains. However, I’m here so it seemed like a good thing to do for the holidays. I may not see you on the 4th of July so I thought it best to have fireworks for Christmas. I empathize with you now that it may have been inconvenient for you. Once again sorry
.
And so on, well worth reading.

Second, Insty pointed to this:
A few days after Barack Obama's inauguration, the newly appointed head of the Environmental Protection Agency, Lisa Jackson, gave an interview to Essence magazine. Ms. Jackson explained that she planned to "elevate the issue" of "environmental justice" during her tenure. For those who are unfamiliar with the term, environmental justice is the sweet spot where the green movement meets the racial grievance industry. As the Essence interviewer put it: "The practice of locating polluting industries in minority communities -- and the consequent health impacts -- is well documented. African Americans are almost 80 percent more likely than White Americans to live in neighborhoods near hazardous industrial pollution sites."

The concept of environmental justice can be traced back to the early '80s, according to Robert Bullard, the director of the Environmental Justice Resource Center at Clark Atlanta University. He cites a 1982 fight over a landfill in Warren County, N.C. Since then, the movement has blamed industrial plants across the country for skyrocketing asthma rates among inner-city blacks. But Mr. Bullard believes that environmental justice should also include a concern about the lack of public parks in inner cities and high childhood obesity rates among blacks (stemming from fewer supermarkets in their neighborhoods). He refers to those fights as "parks justice" and "food justice." Talk about defining justice down
.
Yes, we have a bunch of flat-out nutcase-level racist morons running departments in D.C.; might as well have Security Staff in charge of the groceries.

Third, that's it for tonight. I received a very late call last night, which led to working a 12-hour shift; I've had about a 15-minute nap(before the phone rang) since about 0730 yesterday morning and I'm so tired my eyes are crossing. Amuse yourselves in my absence and clean up your mess.

2 comments:

pops1911 said...

That is like people who purchase property near an airport & then complain about the aircraft. People buy/rent/live in areas based on their income/affordability. If you can only afford a less desirable location, either work harder or quit complaining. You get what you pay for - everyone & I mean EVERYONE has the opportunity to get whatever they want; they just have to be willing to work for it. Handouts are not the American way - even where you live & even with BHo as the Usurper.

Vinnie said...

Lets take justice alphabetically. Ammo comes before environment. Where is my ammo justice?