Saturday, January 15, 2011

After an argument the other day with a friend

I've come to the conclusion that Insty is right: I'm not sure overall why(some points I know), but Sarah Palin just flat drives a lot of lefties so nuts they cannot seem to use their brain when her name comes up. And they like to bring it up for some reason, just can't shut up when they have a chance to, they HAVE to bring her into it.

And then they bitch when she answers. She's 'making it about her', she's 'jumping on the bandwagon' and every other bit of "She should shut up and not answer" idiocy you can think of.

That last was what the argument just had on Facebook* with a friend boiled down to; he flat hates Palin, and somehow her being accused of responsibility in these murders and daring to successfully smack the moles back into their holes meant 'she was making this about her and she shouldn't do that' (I'll note that he also managed to throw in 'Alaskans aren't like us', 'Republicans don't like uppity women' and other such bullshit; got to keep the narrative going, y'know. Oh, and if you're of conservative bent you HAVE to be a Republican, etc.)

Another thing I've noted: you might never have said one word in support of Palin, but by pointing out their bullshit you're labeled as a total Palin supporter; it's like they cannot understand "Whether I like her or not doesn't matter, the fact is this was unfair".


* I know, I know. If I didn't have a couple of friends who're hard to contact any other way, I'd drop it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes it seems to border on a "fetish" with them.
YeOldFurt

BobG said...

I've noticed the same thing myself, which is why I quit even trying to reason with their narrow little bigoted minds.

Rev. Paul said...

"Alaskans aren't like us" ... well, he's right.

We don't like the federal control of every square inch of our land, the prohibition against pumping our own oil ... the list goes on and on. We don't care for Big Gov't any more than any other conservatives. The difference is, if we don't pump & refine our own oil, we don't have any for ourselves.

And it's beginning to look like that's what Big Gov't wants - they'd be happier if we all move south.

Ain't gonna happen.

Keith said...

I just got a tirade about Sarah Palin, from my she who must.

Must be a jealousy thing or something.

Apart from thinking she's good looking, I couldn't really care less about the woman, but the missus really has her undies in a twist about her.