Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Happily, cops don't always get away with theft under color of law

7th Circuit calls bullshit(in proper courtly terms).

And note this for when someone says "The dog alerted on it!":
A drug-sniffing dog supposedly alerted to the van, on the strength of which police obtained a warrant to search the vehicle, and a second dog supposedly alerted to the safe, but no drugs were found in either place, and "the government did not submit to the court any evidence of the dogs' training, methodology, or field performance." 
More fake alert from two dogs.  Gee, I wonder how that could happen...

2 comments:

Jesse in DC said...

I find it just fascinating that a "LEO" can ask a DOG for permission to violate my civil rights, and then act on the dogs permission. I have read the Constitution front to back, and I utterly fail to find the Dog Exemption Clause.

KM said...

It's like Ron White's joke, "What's the dogs signal? A blank stare?"