Tuesday, January 31, 2012

In local news, we had a city councilman named Skip Kelly who got busted

for drunk driving for the second time.
A: He's not resigning, 'I work very hard', etc.
B: The rest of the coucil is being 'very supportive', including this from Ed Shadid:
“Much of the public does not understand the magnitude or the nature of these problems, (and people) do not understand how commonplace this is (and), how it is affecting all of us,” Shadid said. “I have seen exceptional courage and bravery on Skip Kelly's part in the last few days. I'm very proud to call him my friend, and I'm very proud of him. ... He's been very high-functioning, in my opinion, with one arm tied behind his back. I'd like to see what happens in the future when he has an even playing field.”
Awww, isn't that sweet and sensitive? I wonder if he thinks the same way about people not council-members or friends caught driving drunk? Twice?

Effing politicians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be a nuisance on this, but in my opinion, Drinking and driving is not, and can not be a crime. Injuring someone while drunk and driving, could be as high a crime as you wish it to be. Damaging someone's property while drunk and driving, can be as high a crime as you wish it to be... but I do not think there can be crimes without victims... and there definitely shouldn't be a roving gang of righteous fueled apes with badges hiding in the bushes waiting to "catch" someone.