Monday, March 10, 2008

I've been thinking about the statement Gov. Spitter made,

and something about it bothers me. And no, generally I wouldn't have noticed this until, say tomorrow, but if you turned ANY news on you heard about it.

Here's the part that bothers me:
"I do not believe that politics in the long run is about individuals. It is about ideas, the public good, and doing what is best for the state of New York."
To me, that seems to be saying "I do not believe individuals really count: it is the Party and the Program that counts."

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It means individuals don't count when he is the individual being held to account.

It means the attacks he has directed toward individuals were, "Nothing personal, just business."

Thud said...

a commie by another name is still a commie!...untrendy though that description may be.

Mattexian said...

Hell, at least he was paying to screw the public, instead of making the public pay to get screwed!

Anonymous said...

One man's Democrat Collectivist is just another man's Marxist.

Gerry N.