Tuesday, September 22, 2026

My Kindle disappeared two weeks ago,

and I even called a couple of restaurants to ask if I'd left the thing there.  No joy.

Yesterday, not looking for it, I found it in the truck.  In a place I'd already looked twice.

Told daughter about it, she says I didn't find it, it was delivered, probably by the same brownie with a bad sense of humor she's said before is a guest in the house.

All I know is the damn thing's back.

7 comments:

  1. You have seen it one minute
    and then it is gone.
    You find it next week
    lying out on the lawn. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:36 PM

    We have a Sky Chair - a fabric & wood chair hung from an overhead frame. We went to put it up at the beginning of summer - no joy. Wasn't in the garage, the outdoor shed, the basement - not where. Two weeks ago my wife & I walked past the garage shelves. There was it sitting nice and cozy in its clear plastic bag. We walk past that shelving every day to & from our cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:05 PM

    "I do believe in spooks.
    I do, I do, I do."
    -Cowardly Lion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul Volk6:34 PM

    Since I turn my flip phone on maybe once a month but take it with me in the pickup or service truck in case I need it, it gets lost regularly. I've lost it for two or three weeks about four times now and it's heaven without the damn thing bothering me. Want to talk to me? Stop or call me at the shop. I don't answer a phone when I'm home though my wife answers hers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say to try putting out a shot glass of Dr Pepper and some jolly ranchers on the hearth for the brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:58 AM

    I've had the exact same problem, to the point of considering putting an Airtag on it. But that would mean putting an Airtag on everything I "temporarily misplace" and how do I manage a hundred Airtags on my phone?

    ReplyDelete