Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I'm going to borrow this from Og, because he says it well.

One of the people who has been a good friend to me, and who is in some measure both admired and despised by different readers here, is Kim Du Toit.
 
I’ve known Kim a very long time. He has slept under my roof and I under his, we have shot together. We are, I like to think, friends.
He has just lost his wife of twenty years, after a long battle with cancer, and because of the nature of their individual professions she had not much in the way of insurance or resources. So there are some substantial bills to pay.
 
If you are one of the people I know who don’t care for the DuToits, then by all means, move along. But if you remember and enjoy their writing, and have a few bucks to spare, I’d like it a lot if you’d toss a few his way. He has a large hole to dig himself out of before he can move on.
Never met Kim; used to love his blog.  They'd had some real problems over time, and this has got to be the worst for him.


No comments: