Tuesday, December 06, 2016

I would love to hit the range with some rifle loads.

However, it's cold, the wind's whistling out of the north, and I don't care "It's good training!", Not doing it. 

Also, sourdough biscuits fresh out of the oven are a lot more inviting right now.

Speaking of which, here's the recipe I found:
1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
2 ts baking powder
3/4 ts salt
1/4 cup butter*
1 cup sourdough starter, right out of the fridge
Enough water or milk to get it mixed to dough

Mix the dry ingredients, cut in the butter, add in the starter.  You may not need to add liquid, in either case mix to a dough.  Cut out, put on parchment(wonderful stuff), bake at 425 until done; roughly 20 minutes.

The original recipe used 1/2 cup of butter; way too much for me, 1/4 cup seems about right.


*BUTTER, you heathen, not margarine or fake butter.  Do not profane the biscuits with that crap.

3 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Let me tell you about "good training". Any GI can get "being miserable" right the first time, every time. Inclement weather does not increase the quality of training. Sometimes you can't help it, and sometimes you have to work through it, but bad weather is not a requirement for good training.

taminator013 said...

I really want to get to the range, too and try out the new shootin' iron that I picked up the day before Thanksgiving, but it's been cold and windy. Today we have the added joy of pouring rain. Such is life............

Windy Wilson said...

I've been cooking pretty much exclusively with butter and olive oil, except when Mom's cookie recipes call for Crisco or Margarine -- especially after I got complaints about the cookies not tasting the same, so yep BUTTER!