Tuesday, March 08, 2016

And I have to break this out again



No, it wasn't critical, but painful?  Oh yeah.  Left foot caught and turned, and I landed full on my right knee.  On the driveway.  I managed to roll, after the impact(which dod a lotta good), but the damage was done.  Yes, finally went to the doc; final verdict is nothing broken or cracked, just bruised the hell out of it.  'Just' being quite enough to be painful.

So an anti-inflammatory, and stay off it much as can.  Which is even more fun because there's something I need to work on in the aptly-named crawlspace, but on this knee?  Some crawling and kneeling?  Not gonna happen, unless it's to keep the Posleen from eating me.

The other sucky part of things like this is that I don't heal as fast as I used to, so that much longer before it's pretty much back to (what passes for) normal.

Yuck.  They really need to get that stem-cell treatment for joints out for people, I could really use it.

2 comments:

Jerry The Geek said...

I feel your pain, literally. I fell last week, split the heel of my left hand wide open. Stitches come out tomorrow ... no injury to bones, tendons or nerves. Just meat and blood.

You're thinking "Lucky Bastard!" Don't blame you a bit; I was lucky.

Not gloating. Really!

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. End of January I was walking across the parking lot at my office. Had my eye on the sidewalk up ahead as it looked as if it had not been thoroughly treated with sand/salt. I did NOT see the ice patch on the asphalt directly in my path. Took a long time to get up, and the last bruises are only now fading.