Friday, May 29, 2015

Chief Edward J. Hudak, Jr. of Coral Gables PD thinks this is proper conduct

“He took my handgun back to his car and ran it,” Oliva said. “When he came back I saw he had completely disassembled the weapon. He ordered me to pop my trunk.”
The officer, Oliva said,  dumped the gun parts into his trunk, and then pushed the rounds out of his magazine, one-by-one, into the trunk.
For the offense of having a carry permit.
Coral Gables Police Chief Edward J. Hudak, Jr. said his officer did nothing wrong.

“He saw the concealed firearms license, which led him to a heightened sense to know the driver was armed,” Hudak said. “Could there have been a more polite way to handle it? I would be more than happy to refer this to IA, and they would do an investigation from top to bottom before it comes to my level.”

The police chief said his officer was well within his rights and department policy.
Then your version of 'How to be a cop' needs serious revision.  You're an idiot, and a dangerous one.

Really?  You can't imagine a 'more polite way to handle it'?  Then you're not just an idiot, you're a fool.

Note to self: if in Florida, stay out of Coral Gables so as not to run afoul of what they consider good police work.

3 comments:

Jerry The Geek said...

"Stay out of Coral Gables"?

Oh. Then, that officer has accomplished his person; to intimidate lawful firearms owners.

Could be worst; could be California.

Pawpaw said...

I will say it again, and for the record. I've been a police officer for over 30 years and have never had a problem with a law-abiding citizen who was armed. Not one problem.

I don't even ask for a permit. Open carry is legal in Louisiana, and firearms can legally be carried in the vehicle. I simply assume that 20% of the people I talk to are armed, and 50% of the vehicles I encounter has a gun in it. I've never had a problem with a law-abiding citizen who is armed. Not one problem.

Firehand said...

Jerry, thought is that if enough people in Florida advise the city that "Since your PD considers this a proper way to act, I'm keeping my money out", it just might get their attention