that makes various protected persons look bad?
1) The report primarily absolves the IC of failure and wrongdoing, not the State Department, Department of Defense or executive branch
2) There was no intelligence failure, if you consider finding no evidence of a potential attack a success
3) The failures of Benghazi in fact lay squarely at the feet of the State Department, according to the report
4) The report attempts to deny U.S. facilitation of weapons transfers from Libya to Syria via Benghazi, but leaves a significant amount of yet unquestioned wiggle room
5) The report continues to say that President Obama referred to Benghazi as a terrorist attack from the very beginning, on Sept. 12, 2012 in the Rose Garden
That's half of what's in the story.
Directly connected: Why IS Petraeus still being investigated? Insty thinks to keep him quiet; wouldn't surprise me.
How about a federal civil rights law protecting citizens forced to resort to self-help from interference by local authorities?