Saturday, July 26, 2014

She doesn't think Obama's President, she thinks he's

Head of the Supreme Soviet or something.
Eleanor Holmes Norton, the non-voting congressional delegate for the District of Columbia, angrily sputtered during a congressional hearing Friday that the White House should not be held up to scrutiny, saying that there was no right to know what it was doing behind closed doors.


"You don't have a right to know everything in a separation-of-powers government, my friend. That is the difference between a parliamentary government and a separation-of-powers government," Norton said during a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing.
You'll notice that Cummings says he agrees; these people really miss having the Soviet Union to worship, don't they?


I stopped buying Levis when they got too fashionable and expensive, and when I learned they were donating money to anti-rights causes; apparently the head of the company is stupid on top of that.

Or he thinks they're only bought by hipsters who never get sweaty doing work, or something.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm too frugal to throw away my Levi's BUT when they wear out; I'm only going to buy Carharts or Lee's. I don't need fashion any more; just good clothes.

Steve

Titan Mk6B said...

Atwood's has Dickies on sale at times and I can buy three pair of those for the price on one pair of Levis. That's a no-brainer.

markm said...

Huh? Someone only noticed now that Levi's has substituted fashion for durability? I'm 60 years old that happened before I was old enough to remember. My family mostly ordered jeans from Sears Roebuck in the 60's. And then before I was out of high school, even Sears changed most of its jean line to too tight for wear while farming on a hot day, with cloth to thin to work in anyhow...