“Go f*ck yourself,” Miller responded as he smiled, before one of his staffers repeated the insult.
According to another individual who was with Bidondi, Miller repeated the “go f*ck yourself” jibe a further two times after he was told “the majority is outside”. Miller had previously asserted that the majority was inside when speaking to a pro-gun control audience.
This is a State Senator, in public, to someone who dares to disagree with him; wonderful jackass, isn't he? Add in his staffer leaning VERY close to the mike and saying it as well; taking his example of public behavior from his boss.
Meanwhile, in Georgia,
...The legislation passed 112-58. The compromise by the House and Senate brought the following changes:
- Removal of fingerprinting for renewal of Weapons Carry Licenses (WCL).
- Prohibiting the state from creating and maintaining a database of WCL holders.
- Creation of an absolute defense for the legal use of deadly force in the face of a violent attack.
- Removal of the sweeping restrictions on legally carrying a firearm with a WCL in churches and bars, leaving this decision to private property owners.
- Lowering the age to obtain a concealed WCL for self-defense from 21 to 18 for active duty military, with specific training.
- Repealing the unnecessary and duplicative state-required license for a firearms dealer, instead requiring only a Federal Firearms License (FFL).
- Prohibiting a ban on firearms in public housing, ensuring that the right to self-defense should not be infringed based on where one calls home.
- Codifying the ability to legally carry, with a WCL, in sterile/non-secure areas of airports.
Including a provision that would have the state report those persons who have been involuntarily hospitalized or have been adjudicated mentally deficient to the NICS system while also providing an ability for relief through an application process to the court system for the purpose of restoration of rights.
Which should be the case everywhere, so being accused of 'mental problems'(see Illinois) doesn't screw you forever.
And yes, the Usual Suspects are having cows. Including their usual scaremongering and flat-out lying:
Opponents of the bill refer to the measure as an expansion of Stand Your Ground because it has the potential to give felons and other individuals currently banned from owning a gun permission to carry in unauthorized areas.
Just offhand I spot three lies in that; but it's what they do.
Speaking of Illinois, in case you never heard before just how they got their handgun ban in Chicago, go here.
Powerful Chicago Alderman Ed Burke worked with Alderman Fred Roti , a "high ranking made member" of the Chicago Mob, to disarm law abiding citizens. Here's the setup.
Surprisingly, even more crooked deal-making is involved.
The answers weren’t that complicated. All these social welfare programs, affirmative actions, etc. were a signal to African Americans that they were inferior, that somehow they couldn’t make it without help. This became a self-fulfilling prophecy, a kind of mass Stockholm Syndrome. And, quite naturally, it engendered a great deal of anger.
The system wasn’t all that different from giving heroin or alcohol to a family member to ease him or her out of their addiction. It didn’t work but it kept them dependent.
Someone pointed out years back that a kid graduating from a segregation-era black high school had a better education than they get from most "We care about you" schools now. Had higher graduation rates as well, if I recall correctly.