Friday, January 17, 2014

And the Lightbringer Obama says

"I will keep spying on you and sucking up your calls, but fear not! I'll have a THIRD PARTY store all the data. Doesn't that make it all better?"
 

No, you bastard, it doesn't.


More on this mess:
Of course I'm not going to give details on the meeting, except to say that it was candid and interesting. And that it's extremely freaky that Congress has such a difficult time getting information out of the NSA that they have to ask me. I really want oversight to work better in this country. 

Surreal part of setting up this meeting: I suggested that we hold this meeting in a SCIF, because they wanted me to talk about top secret documents that had not been made public. The problem is that I, as someone without a clearance, would not be allowed into the SCIF. So we had to have the meeting in a regular room.

Y'know, if Congress actually gave a rats ass about this and had any balls, this would be easy to deal with: "The NSA budget will be cut by half each time they refuse to give us information we ask for."

But that would require giving a damn(about privacy and the Constitution, not 'How can we use this for ourselves?' They very much care about that) and having balls. And for most of them...

No comments: