Sunday, November 17, 2013

Seems Ed Shadid still doesn't want to answer that question

Local politics: Ed Shadid is a city councilman now running for mayor.  Back when he was running for the council I asked a question: the police chief thought anyone owning a politically-incorrect firearm should have to register it, and a couple of current council members agreed(one after announcing he wasn't running for reelection as I recall), do YOU agree with this?
Background: a PD officer had been shot by an illegal alien using a AR15.  I can't remember if the CoP said anything about cracking down on illegal aliens, but he wanted some gun registration.

As the original post notes, one of the two gave a flat 'I disagree with the police chief.'  Shadid gave this:
I apologize in the delay of response. I heard the comments by the Chief and Police and have been thinking a lot about it lately. We need to have a balance between public safety and the right to bear arms. Our constitution was designed to protect rights not take away from them. Let me know if I can ever be of service. Thanks for you questions.
See the problem there?  So I sent back Sir, maybe I should have phrased the question differently: do you agree with the Police Chief on this?
No answer.  Ever.

Now he's announced "I want to be Mayor", so I found his website and asked the question.
Guess what?
More than two weeks now, no response at all.  Either they're ignoring it, or they just don't want to answer that question.  So I checked, and he does indeed have a Bookface page, so I just posted this:
A question, sir:
When you were running for city council, a police officer was shot by an illegal alien, using a AR15 rifle, and Chief Citty stated that people who owned such firearms should be required to register them.

Do you agree with Chief Citty?

We'll see if there's an answer, or if it disappears.


1 comment:

Mark/GreyLocke said...

I doubt you ever get an answer unles you get a dozen dozen or so asking the same question over and over.

Find out where his next press conference is take a camera and ask him on camera, put him right on the spot. Maybe you might get an answer.