Sunday, November 03, 2013

I know I shouldn't be surprised,

but I am, by the- well, make your choice: it's either "Don't give a shit" or "Utter ruthlessness in the pursuit of the Collective goal" of the people who want Obamacare to take over.

Short version, got into an argument with some people who either overlooked or refused to see the information about all the people losing their insurance because "Your plan doesn't have Obama's approval."  Pointed that out, and ran into two things:
"It's the insurance companies fault, they're greedy!" or
"They can go on the ACA site and find better!"
NO recognition of, or worse, don't give a shit that lots of these people don't WANT 'better'; they want to keep the policy Obama promised them they could.
"That was a lousy policy, they need better!"
What if they don't think it was lousy, and don't WANT 'better'?
The answer boils down to "It's better for the collective.  So screw anyone who doesn't like it."
Yeah, some people will love it; they'll get OPM to make Obamacare affordable, so screw everyone else.  It's a big step toward total government control of health care, so it's worth all the misery and trouble.

I admit, I had no idea how ruthless these people I know are, so long as it's for 'a good cause'.



By the way, when you point out that if it's the insurance company lobbyists behind it all that means that Obama is bought & paid-for by them, they don't like that either.

1 comment:

hiswiserangel said...

The one that always gets me is "but it is affordable (for me) because the government is giving me money to cover the premiums". The government isn't "giving" you money; they are taking money from me, to "give" to you.