Saturday, August 31, 2013

My yard is being taken over

By gourd vines that're growing like something out of a Syfy-channel movie

Right now there's a bigger,
a middle,
 and some tiny gourds

And what're they growing on?

That thing stayed about a foot tall for weeks, then started slowly up the pole, and then... I half wondered if I was going to find the tendrils catching birds.

Not just growing along the wire, either, it's taken to the trees
This is looking along the wire toward the post; if you embiggen you can see the two lines that went up.

I think I'm gonna have some gourds to give to friends by fall.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

they make excellent targets, just saying. And then you get volunteer targets for the next year. Renewable, even.

Anonymous said...

"Don't be afraid, it's only a pod." - Invasion of the Body Snatchers
:-P

gfa