Monday, July 22, 2013

Mr. Correia has some thoughts(naturally) on Obama's speech (link fixed)

and profiling and SYG laws.  Anything that includes
There are very few African American men who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me — at least before I was a senator.
Don’t flatter yourself. Nobody has ever been physically intimidated by somebody wearing mom jeans. Now Vlad Putin on the other hand, he shows up, hide your wife, hide your kids.
you know you've got to see all of.

By the way; is he saying he became such a Noble Personage that everybody knew him, or that being a Senator conferred some air* about him that all knew him for what he was**?



*Stench?
**Naw; if they'd known that they'd have pulled the gates down AND locked the doors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And as an "exchange student" attending one of the most expensive private schools in Hawaii, mostly stoned all the time, from "poor" parents, I'm sure he knows all about being profiled.

Sigivald said...

I get reminded to lock my door - on the rare occasion it's not when I sit down in the car, as it's an ingrained habit - more or less randomly.

I've locked my door when a pretty girl was next to the car. It wasn't 'cause I was scared of her, but because I noticed the damned door was unlocked.

And I've been wary of skeezy-looking white people more than black ones, around here.

Shove it, Mr. President.

Anonymous said...

Helps to include a link!

Firehand said...

Hate it when that happens; fixed.